Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Sunday Table with Tulips and a Menu



For Sunday's lunch crowd I used a very large pan, and laid two whole chickens on a bed of vegetables--several pounds of chopped potatoes, and three leeks (white parts sliced thin). All of it drizzled with olive oil, salted and peppered. A celery stalk in the chicken, and the uncovered pan in the oven on 350 for three hours.

Also a side dish of green beans (from frozen, in the Crock-Pot), and a big batch of biscuits made before church, and a green salad.

9 comments:

Kirstin said...

Do you put the green beans in the crock pot right out of the freezer? Do you add anything to them?
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Instagram.com/melissasnotes said...

I can almost smell dinner cooking now! How nice for all of those young people. And your table runner looks very pretty.

seashoreknits said...

Anna, I always love your menu posts.
Inspiring, practical and so housewifely.
Thank you for sharing!

The Believing Wifey said...

Yum! Sounds wonderful :)

Wendi said...

I love your menus! One of my most dreaded tasks is planning meals (and my hubby doesn't like repeating the same things very often.)
I should have kept a record of the menus you've shared over the years:)

Lisa Beth W. said...

That sounds doable! Thanks for the hospitality encouragement. :)

TheTayloress said...

Anna,

You inspire me with the artistic simplicity of your food and hospitality.

Thank you.

Genelle said...

Perfection

Related Posts with Thumbnails