Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Loose Ends After the Wedding


It's been two and a half weeks since Giles' wedding, and Clara and I were just thinking today that things almost feel back to normal. All the things that got pushed to "after the wedding" have been settled--almost. We're still in the middle of a big project of sanding the staircase up to the library. My poor husband--he's the one doing that nasty job. As soon as he finishes we'll clean everything up, remove the plastic sheeting that's draped everywhere, and finish furnishing the library.

And that will all be before Friday, which is when Felix is coming for a visit!

Bella's life doesn't return to normal until after this first term of summer school, when she can stop studying night and day. I'm so proud of her: she is working her tail off to succeed in this class that requires tons of memorization.

I've been working on this Alabama Chanin-style table runner. It's got a lot of applique, and now I'm quilting around all the pieces. When I can get back into my sewing room I'll find some sequins (matte white) and some embroidery floss, and keep on going. It's what I do when I have to sit.

4 comments:

Rose said...

Exciting and memorable as the big events are I like it when life returns to "normal".

Unknown said...

So beautiful! I love the color! Will Felix be bringing Molly? Or his South American friend? (Im wondering now about Clara.....) I cant wait to see the beautifully finished product! Try to squeeze a break in there somewhere! Christina

Carol said...

Enjoy your time with Felix and glad to hear that things are getting back to normal

Gail said...

Good morning, Anna! This is so lovely! Please post a finished picture!!! Your love of doing Alabama Chanin and a friend's current project has lead to the purchase of 2 of the books. I'm ready to learn! Blessings to you from Kansas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails