Friday, April 24, 2015

Half-Grown Chicks


Daisy's Barred Rock chicks are growing fast--they've moved from just a box into the "chicken tractor" which is a wooden box attached to a little fenced-in coop. We move it to a fresh spot in the grass every day. For a random reason, the box is painted to look like it's made from bricks. Not my doing.


Because the Composer loves weather so much, we happened to have a wireless thermometer handy to stick in the box. It transmits the temps to a display in Daisy's room. On occasion the chick's box temperature will spike up to 90. The first two times this happened we rushed out to see what had gone wrong. Turns out it was just a chick sitting on the thermometer. I guess their bottoms run about ninety degrees.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

HA! This is almost as funny as the look books post with Alejandro.

Lisateresa

Farrah said...

I love seeing agrarian life. In my flat, I can't experience the life. Good luck Miss Daisy!

Rose said...

Daisy must be enjoying this!

"Because the Composer loves weather so much", oh Composer I know! I am an old geography schoolmarm, weather and climate have always been my first love.

Wendi said...

Oh, that's so funny!

Heather said...

Hahaha, that made me giggle. They are striking birds.

jenny_o said...

Hee hee! So funny :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails