Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Zinnias Going to Seed Log Cabin Quilt


Pieced at the end of summer and just now quilted. My mother is calling this one of her favorites. She did the quilting, and for some reason did the rows so close together it took her a long time to finish.


Also, this quilt wins the Most Appropriate Backing Award. I had three yards of this sweet print that looks like--wait for it--zinnias going to seed.


Sadly, I think this was the last of the gorgeous Italian cotton twill I bought for a dress for Clara. It has served me well. 

You might think I have a lot of quilts now. I do. I can no longer bear to part with them except to give them to my children, so good thing I have five.

10 comments:

Farrah said...

Feel free to adopt me as #6 so I can inherit the quilt in the first picture. ;)

Julian said...

Pretty!:) I wish I had lots of quilts! Instead, I have many crochet blankets I made and six kids;).
Christina

The Mayo Family said...

I love this one and totally agree with your Mom! Smile
(one of my favorites as well)
So, glad all is well with her and your family!
Blessings~
Lori

kath said...

Stock up! Someday there will be grandchildren!

Julie said...

This is one of my very favorites!

Linda said...

Love the colors of this quilt and the way the intensity and warmth at the center fades out to the gray. Beautiful. I'd keep it too!

Carol Urban said...

I love the colors and the design layout! This is a quilt I would make for my granddaughters!

Lisa said...

Very very beautiful!

Lisateresa

Kimberlee said...

You do well to hold onto the treasures from your mother's own hands. Not only your five but their children as well will hold dear those stitched beauties, connecting the generations as quilts are wont to do. The zinnias are beautiful.

the momma said...

I think this might just be my favorite, too!! (She spaced her quilting close so that she could spend more time with the quilt :-)

I used your bustle idea :-) here it is, if you'd like to see it http://pursuingjoy.blogspot.com/2014/02/signature-style.html thanks for sharing!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails