Monday, September 09, 2013

Rosy Cupcakes for a Wedding Shower


Carol and I co-hosted a wedding shower Sunday. She made these gorgeous cupcakes. I watched her frost them and each took only a few seconds with a large star tip. Strawberry, lemon cream cheese, and chocolate with white frosting.


We borrowed a cupcake stand and I found the perfect topper in my thrifty treasures--this porcelain "cake layer" bedecked with a pair of birds. Of course, I often pull out pairs of thrifty birds to adorn the table, too.


Punch victory this time: cranberry-raspberry juice frozen for the ice ring, and the bowl filled with pink lemonade. Beautiful and so good! Not too sweet. Garnish with lime and mint for best-everness.

6 comments:

seashoreknits said...

Oh how I love frosting!
You two make a great team.
Thank you for the lovely photos and punch recipe - I am sure your bride felt so special,

Julian said...

love all the vintage thriftiness!
christina

Mary Ellen Barrett said...

So pretty!

Rozy Lass said...

What a luscious sounding punch, will give that a try for our next party. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

I've been seeing that technique a lot lately on cakes - very pretty.

Lisateresa

Anonymous said...

Lemon creme cheese?? Gosh, this is the second delicious post I have read this morning...and thick frosting to boot.

By the way, I made your Chicken and Gravy recipe again....fourth time I think. My husband loves that recipe, and will have some again for his lunch. A very happy man indeed.
blessings, jill

Related Posts with Thumbnails