Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Easiest Peanut Butter Cookies


 . . . and they're gluten-free and dairy-free to boot.

In a medium bowl, stir together:
1 cup peanut butter, creamy or crunchy
1 egg
1 cup sugar
and 1 t. vanilla 
until thoroughly blended.

Drop by teaspoonsfuls on greased cookie sheet, and bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Pull from oven and give them the old cross-hatching treatment (gently), then bake for two more minutes (12 total). Remove from oven before the bottoms get too dark.

Dress them up if you want with a drizzle of chocolate.

8 comments:

Farrah said...

My family has been eating these for years. They're so good!

Polly said...

Yes they are! We make these a lot (we are gluten-free) and I often mix in chocolate chips! (because to my children a cookie is not a cookie unless it contains some chocolate)

Also: almond butter cookies...

Nina said...

I found this recipe on another website yesterday, and made them with homemade peanut butter and a little extra almond flour to get the right consistency. They were amazing!

Margo said...

just in time: we're hosting a gluten-free guest on Sunday and I haven't really made gluten-free meals.

I have a hard time believing this recipe works, but I'm going to try it!

The Mayo Family said...

Yummy!
We are going to try these....
Blessings~
Lori
P.S. Any quilting going on by you.....?

LISA said...

Well, who'd a thought to make a gluten free cookie by just omitting the flour? Pass the plate, please. Thank you for posting, I'll be in the kitchen.

Unknown said...

This is a peanut butter cookie recipe that I can do.

Cassadie said...

I was skeptical of this recipe, but since it rained ALL WEEKEND LONG, I had no choice but to try them for myself. Oh. My. And to think all these years I have been ruining my peanut butter cookies with flour. Thanks you for this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails