Monday, January 28, 2013

A Dark and Vivid Table Runner


I'm endlessly interested in the kaleidoscope of different color impressions I can get from the same old boxes of scraps, just by choosing what to pick up and what to leave out. I'm easy to entertain! 

This weekend I put together colors that struck me as loosely wintery, and made them into a linen-backed table runner. I've been enjoying the advantages of runners these last weeks--less likely than a cloth to get soiled, easier to wash and store than a cloth, and very good at pointing out where the candles or flowers should go.

It's in the shop not because I don't love it but because I have so many other table runners in the works!

1 comment:

Eve said...

Yes, these colors do feel wintery, even festive for a holiday table. Lovely. I had to respond since I too am tending to go for runners lately instead of whole cloths.

Related Posts with Thumbnails