Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Cake Lady: Strawberry Shortcake


This is a towering strawberry shortcake done in "stacked cake" style--five layers of pastry are baked one at a time in an iron skillet, cooled, then layered with cream and berries. Time consuming? Yes. Delicious? Yes.

Better have a plan for the leftovers if you can't get through this cake in a sitting: it doesn't keep well after it's been put together. I ran the last section of ours down the road to Chuck, who was out on a 35-mile bike ride after spending the day painting the back side of my house.

6 comments:

Farrah said...

That looks delicious!

What is the pattern of that china? It's beautiful.

LISA said...

I think Chuck burned enough calories to eat the whole cake. Looks delicious.

Anna said...

Farrah, that's Mikasa's Rosemeade.

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Your cakes are always so beautiful. I just wrote a post a few weeks ago about baking a cake in a cast iron skillet.

By the way, my blog is new, and you have been one of my main inspirations. I've lurked and read you for years and left "anonymous" comments many times.

So . . . thank you!

Anna said...

Have fun with your blog, Fairhope Supply Co!

Anonymous said...

cute cake, love the china plate too

Related Posts with Thumbnails