Friday, July 08, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade


Perfect to fix if you are feeling guilty that other people (not yourself) are working outside in the heat at your house all day. And then, you can have some too after you take a tray outside.

Strawberry Lemonade

In a small saucepan, gently heat together 1 cup each of water, sugar, and strawberries until sugar is dissolved and berries are soft.

Meanwhile, juice and strain the pulp and seeds from 5-6 lemons.

Tip the strawberry mess into the blender and puree, then press through a strainer into the lemon juice. Stir together.

To make a glass of lemonade, put about 1/3 cup of your gorgeous syrup into a tall glass of ice, then fill to the top with sparkling water (or regular water), stir, and serve with a straw.

9 comments:

Rose said...

It looks delightful Anna as I sit here sipping hot chocolate on a wintery afternoon. I hope the workers were empowered!

Sonja said...

Definitely looking forward to trying this and soon!

Kristi McInerney said...

sounds so good and refreshing! thank you for posting!

stop by keeping up with kristi if you get a chance :)

Sarah said...

That looks amazing! I'm not a lemonade fan but my husband would love something like this as a Sunday afternoon treat. We already have strawberries and lemons in the house, too.

Lisa said...

That sounds very refreshing!

Lisateresa

Kate said...

Sounds wonderful!!!

~Kate

Leah H said...

That looks so wonderful! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I had everything required for the recippe, so I made it immediately. It's very good. Thanks for the recipe. It's a keeper. I wonder how it would be with raspberries...

Margo said...

oh lovely - I've been remembering strawberry lemonades from my first waitressing job. Didn't actually go hunt for a recipe, so I'm glad you posted your method. The cafe where I worked used some globby stuff that looked like strawberry jam, and I was seriously thinking of putting strawberry jam in my lemonade. Ha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails