Monday, March 01, 2010

A Vintage Blouse for Clara

Clara wanted a simple vintage blouse, and this pattern had a Peter Pan collar, tucks to fit the waist, and 3/4 sleeves gathered into bands. I had just barely enough gray polka dot flannel to squeak it out. I would have made it an inch longer if I could have. She's way over 5'10 these days.


She roamed the button jars and chose five odd yellow buttons. So cute, and she wears yellow rickrack in her belt loops with the blouse!


I'll get a pattern picture up in the next day or two.

9 comments:

Rose said...

What a lovely blouse, the fabric seems just right for Clara.

Kerri said...

Beautiful! The yellow buttons are such a perfect accent!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sweet!

Lisateresa said...

It looks lovely! I've got to make more time to sew.

Unknown said...

That is such a lovely blouse - I love polka dots : ) Finding the right fabric for a blouse is the tricky part for me! This one's perfect : )

Farrah said...

My 14 year old stepdaughter is 6' so I understand about having tall teenagers and how difficult it can be to have modest clothing for tall girls.

Polly said...

Love the fabric. But 5'10", WOW!

Amy said...

Wow, I had no idea that Clara was that tall! I am 5'10" and the same age as her. I knew that she was tall, just from pictures and things, but I would've never guessed. :-) I love the blouse, simply gorgeous, and I love the idea of the five odd buttons.

Margo said...

unmatching yellow buttons - clever!

I hope one of my children decides to play cello - I would never get tired of hearing that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails