Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Roasted Vegetable and Ricotta Pasta


A variation on roasted sausage and vegetable pasta, this time with ricotta. I made this up out of odds and ends in the fridge tonight and it is worth passing on!

Prepare 1-2 pans of vegetables for roasting--carrots, red peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant, etc.--by cutting them up and tossing them with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast in a single layer at 400 for about 45 minutes.

Meanwhile, stir 1 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 1 egg, and a half to a full container of ricotta cheese together, with a little minced parsley if you have it.

After the vegetables have roasted for 45 minutes, remove them from the oven and dollop your cheese mixture onto them in random blobs. Return to oven for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook up a pot of whole wheat penne or rigatoni. And if you need to use it up, you can crisp up 6-8 slices of bacon, then crumble.

To serve, plate the pasta, then scoop out a serving of vegetables with cheese. Top with crumbled bacon.

16 comments:

annamaria potamiti said...

Yum- that sounds good- I have tried many of your recipes- or at least I copied many of them in my recipe-notebook ! But the ones I have tried my clan has loved! Yesterday I cooked'schoolhouse chilli', with corn muffins and a variation of your coleslaw- anyway, it was totally delicious, and today we had the same but with rice instead of muffins- What I love about your recipes is that you think of the whole menu instead of the single dish-So, once again, thank you,
Annamaria :)

Carolyn said...

Sounds awesome. I'll definetely be trying this one! I too, love your recipe and meal ideas. Made your Schoolhouse Brownies last night. They were excellent as always!

Anonymous said...

Tonight's dinner will be this yummy creation.

Sharon said...

That sounds wonderful Anna! Thank you for sharing :)

Laura {{* *}} said...

First thing on my Thursday list is:
"Organize & eat down the fridge"
I know the sum of it's parts will yield up most of these vegetables.

"Off to the roasting pan they must go!"

The anticipation of dinner tonight will lend a particular vigor to my day.

Mmm. Thank you Anna~

{{* *}}

Unknown said...

Ooooo,sounds YUMMY! :) Thanks!

Plogette said...

This is practically making me drool!! LOVE THIS!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm *definitely* trying this! Thanks for sharing your recipe creation with us. (o:

Blessings,
~Michele

Laura said...

THAT LOOKS SO YUMMY! OO!

Natalie said...

Your pasta dish looks scrumptious.

I was just wondering if you'd ever tried using brown rice pasta with your recipes? For some reason WW pasta tends to taste bitter to me, but I really like brown rice pasta. I've found it mainly at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.

Anonymous said...

Sounds good.

Sonya

Emily said...

Sounds yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious.
I just made Ratatouille for the first time and found it to be very simple to make ~ made my kitchen smell lovely ~ and was fabulous sprinkled with a bit of fresh mozzarella ~ served with roasted chicken and French bread (because it just seemed like the right thing to accompany it!). I was amazed at how my kids devoured it and hubby said it "sat well". Interesting choice of words!
(oh, and it was even better re-heated the next day)

SF said...

Ooooo, that sounds so good!! Thanks for sharing Anna, will definitely try this one out! :)

Tracy said...

I made this tonight and it was very well received! As usual, when one of your recipes is a keeper, I placed it on my cooking blog so as to have it at my fingertips. Of course, I linked to you and gave you credit. Thanks!
http://mamasfixins.blogspot.com/2009/09/roasted-vegetable-and-ricotta-pasta.html

Anna said...

Glad you enjoyed it, Tracy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails