Monday, May 05, 2008

Mondays with David


This young man is one of my best Monday joys. He comes over first thing in the morning and visits til after lunch every Monday while his mother, my best friend, tends to some business. He's nine months older than Daisy and they have absolutely nothing in common. They generally ignore each other, except that David likes to hop on Daisy's trike and chase her screaming around the kitchen, and Daisy likes to report on David's misdeeds.

However, now that it is tent worm season, they have forged a tentative bond in sharing an enemy. Daisy abhors the tent worms that are so common out in the yard right now, and watches with approval while David spends hours alternatively collecting them into a jar, or squirting them with a spray bottle of soapy water.

And I approve of his hair.

16 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like Daisy & David have a mutual love-hate relationship going on there!

What a gorgeous looking little boy. Cute enough to eat, I think!

kozimom said...

Oh my goodness! He looks - and acts, apparently - just like MY David, who is now almost 18 years old!

Becca McCallum said...

My brother had hair like that when he was that age.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes! The hair. When my guy was little he had hair just like that. Right down to the colour. I think I even have a photo of him with the same expression as David! So cute!

Blessings!
Deborah

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

He is darling!

Anonymous said...

You know, once I told my mom, "I can't stand *him*... he drives me crazy. If he were the last man on earth I wouldn't marry him."

Years later... I did. It's been nearly 18 years of marriage and I'm so glad!

So... who knows?

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Anna, aren't little ones so much fun? He's a real cotton top...and such a cutie..your little Daisy is a doll as well.
I love your blog, I don't know if I have left a comment before,but I have been coming to visit for a good while now..it's been a pleasure.

Blessings,Shelley

Pam said...

Always enjoy coming to your blog and seeing/reading your perspectives on the little slices of life! Sweet boy, sweet Daisy and wonderful mom to help out a friend!

Anita said...

What a handsome young man! I love Giles photography.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

So funny!

Anonymous said...

He can come over to my house and sort out my tent worms whenever he likes! I'm with Daisy on their yuckiness :)

The Crazy Bus said...

Ditto on the hatred of the vile tentworm! My three boys stomp on them. Even yuckier! eeewwwww!
Danielle

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of him! I came home the other day to do some laundry, and he ran up so excited to see me asking if I was going to live with them for a week! He also gave me a voluntary kiss. Hugs come easily, but I usually have to ask for a kiss on the cheek. Not yesterday, though. :)

charis

Anonymous said...

Okay now he's a cutie! How fun. The way you write just makes me laugh...very creative!
Melissa

Jackie said...

I just love little boys and little girls! This post just made me grin.

Kelsie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts with Thumbnails