Friday, May 18, 2007

"The Cook's Creed"

"The health of my family is in my care; therefore--
I will preserve as far as possible the nutritive elements in the foods which are delivered to me.

My family's enjoyment of food is in my care; therefore--
I will preserve and enhance the attractive qualities of the foods with which I work.

Stretching the food dollar is part of my responsibility; therefore--
I will take such care of foods that none will spoil. I will use left-overs with thought and skill.

A well-prepared dish and an appetizing meal are a creative achievement; therefore--
I shall derive happiness from work itself.

Good food is of prime importance to my family; therefore--
I shall take pride in doing an outstanding job of cooking."

The Modern Family Cookbook, Meta Given, 1942.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was my first visit to your blog, and it sure was pleasant. I LOVE all the photos. Your blog feels fresh and clean and springy and inviting. I am inspired! And your daughter, Daisy, is ADORABLE! I'll be back!

Cherish the Home said...

I enjoyed these quotes very much...Thanks for sharing. (o:

Blessings,
~Mrs.B

Jenn @ Frugal Upstate said...

This was my first visit to your blog. It has such a nice feel.

I found this cookbook last summer in the FREE BOX at the Baptist Church rummage sale. Without even knowing what it was I snagged it right away. It's in great shape and a real fun treasure to read.

I was very happy with my luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails