Monday, November 13, 2006

Yes, Another Knitting Project


What can I say? The dire predictions came true and during Clara's last rehearsal I went to the yarn shop again, this time with my mother, the worst of ennablers. A wonderful knitter herself (Daisy's hats and sweaters are locally famous--well, famous at Kroger), she egged me on to purchase all *eighteen skeins* of Debbie Bliss cashmerino for my next project, a cardigan for Clara. Found in the Junior Knits book above, it is styled like a parka--a hood, a drawstring waist, fun pockets, and a "fishtail" back that buttons up to the waist. I realized after the fact that it is one of the most complex patterns in the book but oh well! I'm committed now, with almost two skeins used up.

Giles was sadly overworked by school projects today (ha!) but promises photos tomorrow . . .

10 comments:

Bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bethany said...

I enjoy looking at your blog so much! Your writing and your pictures are wonderful. I was wondering if I could put you on my favorites?

G.L.H. said...

Congrats on your new project. Looking forward to the pictures, because you didn't mention what color you are using!

Loral said...

Debbie Bliss cashmerino...isn't it wonderful!! You have officially caught the knitting bug now, I can't wait to see her sweater.

thanks for your lovely blog :) I enjoy it so much,
Loral

Amy said...

This post gave me a laugh. My mother is an accomplished knitter and I just picked it up a couple weeks ago. Like you, I am completely addicted now. I just finished my first (very simple) baby sweater and am itching to start another project!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you have to admit, there are many more serious vices to have than knitting! It is addictive, but it's relaxing (at least I think so), and productive as well. A nice combination. Best wishes on the sweater project.

Anonymous said...

Oh Anna,
Your are so in for it now! Knitting is so addictive! Debbie Bliss has the most beautiful patterns and yarns. It's a wonderful way to relax, until you hit a snag, although it's still intimidating to this new knitter (1 year now).

Anna said...

Bethany-

I'd be honored to be on your favorites list.

g.l.h.--I did forget to mention the color! It's lilac, so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Anna~ What about your hat? Did you finish it? Or did I miss it somewhere?
Anne

MrsSM said...

I can't wait to see a picture of the finished sweater. 18 skeins! Wow...I'm in awe:). I just finished my first pair of knitted socks and am quite delighted with them. Knitting is such a nice, portable craft to take with you somewhere.

Related Posts with Thumbnails