Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Heritage Rose


Several years ago I became enchanted with the David Austin roses from Wayside Gardens and planted many of them in my flower beds. The hot humid summers have been hard on them and I have lost several, but my Heritage roses are hanging in there. I have found for the last several years that the biggest, sweetest blooms appear in November and early December, before the first truly bitter frost. And they seem even softer and pinker in cool, foggy weather, like today.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

How beautiful! Our rose season has passed here in Colorado. Thank you for sharing your rose. It's stunning.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love heirloom roses too...
They are so beautiful and the scent is out of this world!

Susan Godfrey said...

Oh golly, that is one beautiful rose! I just wish I could grow things without killing them! This sure makes me want to try again!

Jodi said...

Simply gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails