Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Fairy Rose in Bloom


My fairy rose is in full bloom! This bush, like so many of the plants in my garden, came to me from a friend. I have found that other gardeners are truly my best gardening resource, since whatever they are growing and sharing is:
•free
•successful in this microclimate, and
•likely to spread;
otherwise they wouldn't be freebies! Long ago I figured out that asking to "come over and see your garden" was a fail-proof way to load up on everything from uprooted and unwanted phlox, to chunks of hostas that needed dividing, to baby hydrangeas. I continue the tradition by never letting gardening guests leave empty-handed--I always load them down with starts and babies. And I travel with cheap plastic pots in the trunk during the high gardening season; I never know when I might need to stop and "see" someone's garden!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hello- I just stumbled across your blog and wanted to tell you how much I have enjoyed it. (I only wish you lived closer since I don't EVER get plantings shared with me!

I also wanted to tell you how impressed I am with your boys. My goodness! Both are so well spoken and talented in their endeavors. You must be very proud!

Rebecca from www.zeahrenaissance.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I discovered your blog via The Sparrow's Nest and am loving it. Reading your posts (while sipping my afternoon tea - of course!) is like visiting with a girlfriend!

I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't start a blog as well...

Cherish the Home said...

I have one of these too! I just never knew it was called a 'fairy rose'.

I'm not good at knowing the names of flowers.

Related Posts with Thumbnails