Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Fridge-Keeping

One of the nice side benefits of sticking with a set grocery day is that the day before (that's today!) I can work on cleaning everything out. This usually means a big pot of soup or stock, which is great for any leftover cooked vegetables (nothing cruciferous please), the end of the bag of celery or carrots, and the frozen chicken carcass maybe left over from a roast chicken earlier in the week. I also try to empy the fruit bowl by squeezing tired oranges into juice, force-feeding apple slices to the children (not *real* force), and giving Daisy the run of the tangerines. I also try to use up any salad vegetables I still have in an enormous salad or a plate of sliced cucumbers, peppers, or whatever I've got, at dinner time.

A quick wipe to the shelves and around the walls with a spritz of grapefruit cleaner, and I am good to go tomorrow. The spatially-gifted Composer undertakes the job of fitting a week's worth of groceries into the fridge for me, and it's much, much easier when I've cleared a path.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I love your blog, it is so inspiring! Where do you get your grapefruit spray from? Do you make it yourself?

Related Posts with Thumbnails