Wednesday, February 01, 2006

New Sewing Projects : Easter Dresses


Now that it's February I'm not embarassed to admit that I have bought even more fabric, this time for the girls' Easter dresses. Daisy will be wearing white handerkerchief linen and Clara and Bella will have matching white cotton sateen dresses. I've gotten started on Daisy's dress and am having so much fun--I'm adding a little embroidery. I picked up a copy of Sew Beautiful magazine this week and was inspired. I'm using their design for a little lamb asleep in pink flowers near the hem of the front, in very pale colors--actually this is on the cover of the magazine and visible at the magazine link. I'm also adding tiny pink hyacinths to the front of the peter pan collar, and little clusters of pink French knots to the back of the collar. So sweet!

The big girls' dresses will be from McCalls 8675 (see above), with a little lace around the sleeves. I love the fitted waist and think the girls will enjoy wearing them, with the lovely circle skirts below.

1 comment:

Shiloah Baker said...

Those sound beautiful! I plan to sew white dresses for my girls this year too. I'm in a mad rush to do so- I have six to make! Good luck on yours!

Related Posts with Thumbnails