Monday, October 17, 2005

Shopping: Cath Kidston




One of the highlights of my time in London was a visit to a Cath Kidston store. Americans know her gorgeous book Vintage Style, but lucky Londoners can actually walk into a store and drop all their pounds on things like vintage-print ironing board covers, polka-dot plates, and oilcloth bibs. My haul had to be small (low on pounds and suitcase space), but I did squeeze in a wonderful apron, a dishtowel, and a rose-print tee for Daisy. I'm afraid the shopkeeper was glad to see us on our way though as Daisy did some major refiguring of the melamine eggcup display.

The catalog comes twice a year and is a magazine-bound book to daydream over. The next time I need to get rid of some money I will definitely call her up.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails