Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Wednesday: A Tidy Desktop

I need a day in the middle of the week to catch up on paperwork, to do lists, and anything that might slip through the cracks. Wednesdays are light cleaning days (just my bedroom and bathroom), so there's plenty of time to get in a good solid schoolday, if anyone has gotten behind, catch up on any undone chores, and seriously dig into paperwork and correspondence.

I am in the middle of bringing my law practice paperwork to the house rather than the office, so am not in the routine yet of generating all those papers from here. I did make sure today to list all the paperwork that's due to go out, so that when I sit down to do it, nothing will slip through the cracks.

And, I've begun work with my Katrina refugee family. This has consisted of many, many phone calls--to the family, to find out what their needs are, then to various bureaucrats, to get answers and help. I will say that everyone I have asked for assistance, from driver control to the eye doctor, has bent over backwards to accomodate me on behalf of the family I'm helping. Who, by the way, are a joy to talk to. Very emphatic and enthusiastic in a very Cajun kind of way!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails