Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Tuesday: A Clean and Shining Kitchen

Yes, Tuesday is the day for cleaning the kitchen (and usually making bread). I enjoy setting aside a day when all my cleaning is done in this room, which tends to see a *lot* of traffic, day in and day out. Today I polished the light fixtures, cleaned stovetops and microwave, scrubbed countertops, cleaned the compost cupboard, tidied one cupboard and dusted one shelf. I finished with a thorough vacuuming and then a mopping--ooh, with lavendar cleaner! When I make it to the mopping, I know I've really cleaned the kitchen.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Daisy has recently (read yesterday) become a proficient enough walker that we can all go outside in the yard and she will tool around vertically for half an hour without getting down and eating too much stuff off the ground. What fun! She spent the evening inserting herself into the big kids' game of "tennis ball", a family specialty played like kickball, but with tennis rackets and, you guessed it, a tennis ball.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails