Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Treats

I am a great believer in treats, for myself and everyone else. I have them all day long. The trick is to expand your definition of "treat". Here are some of my daily favorites:

*my cherry-print robe in summer, or my cashmere robe in winter
*putting in earrings I love
*good tea with creamy milk in it
*opening windows
*putting a baby down for a nap or getting a baby up after a nap
*sitting down with a snack in the afternoon
*listening to a current favorite CD in the car instead of the news
*clean floors
*empty laundry baskets
*going for a walk
*going for a swim
*clean kitchen counters
*wearing flattering clothes
*a tidy car
*miniature bottles of Perrier
*flowers in the house--even if they're weeds
*and of course, lots of sugar from everyone in the house

Treats! The more the better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this concept. You have a knack for appreciating the little things around you. Very inspiring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails