Thursday, September 15, 2005

Thursday: Out and About

While our weekly routine is not set in stone, Thursday seems to be the day we group our errands and appointments. Today was Bella's day--she had an eye exam and got fitted for glasses. I must say: Sweet! Little copper-colored wire-rimmed ovals on her perfect face! Then we went to the fabric store and picked out fabric for three winter dresses for her. I hadn't done much sewing for her last year because she tended to choose pants every day, while she was going to our local Christian school. For one thing, all the other girls wore pants. The teachers wore pants. For another, playground play was just easier in pants. I am delighted to see that this year, homeschooling, she is choosing dresses. She looks much sweeter, more feminine, and I get to sew for her!

* * * *

Daisy broke in her new stroller after dinner, in a short ride down the road. Stroller acclimation is crucial at this time as the two of us leave for London at the end of the month. I am thrilled to be "going abroad". The Composer offered to buy me a steamer trunk as I was pricing L.L. Bean luggage this evening (see this vintage style), but I think his tongue was in his cheek.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails